About This Blog

Rated P is a sketch comedy musical about parenthood celebrating the wonders & lunacy of raising kids from conception to college. This blog, written by Rated P's author & lyricist, Sandy Rustin, offers up a humorous and heartfelt look at the nitty gritty business of parenting.



Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Opening


Well, I did it.  I wore the gold sparkly dress.  It chafed my armpits a little bit, but aside from that, it was perfect.  Wednesday night was wedding good.  My closest friends, family, colleagues, and Rated P collaborators were all there.  The energy in the theatre was electric.  The actors were unstoppable.  By the end of the night, my jaw hurt from smiling so much.  To birth a show like this – to a response like we’ve received – is a true highlight of my life.  At the end of the show when all 299 seats worth of people rose to their feet and demanded extra bows … my husband and I squeezed each other’s hands and thought, it doesn’t get any better than this.

This show was written for fun.  It is intended to be an evening of entertainment.  A goofy reflection of contemporary parenthood.   A moment out of the reality of life, for audiences to laugh at the ridiculousness and sweetness of it all. 

In writing this show, I kept in a mind a quote I read in the New York Times from William Friedkin, an Oscar winning producer/director.  He was asked how he judges if a film is a success.  His response was that it lies in the hands of the audience.  “The audience is right,” he said, “they’re always, always right.”  Our audiences are making this show a success – and I am thrilled and grateful. 

Below are some of my favorite quotes from emails, FB status updates, tweets, and blogs from our audience members who are embracing Rated P as it was intended – a celebration of the joys and lunacy of raising children.  In my upcoming blogs I’ll be sharing more quotes … so blog away, post on FB, tweet about the show – and let me know!  And THANK YOU … for making Rated P “delicious” (Cindy Adams – Page Six of the New York Post).

“Go See this new show!” (Parents Magazine)

“(Rated P) is a rarity: it's incessantly funny, consistently thoughtful, full of heart -- and never once hits a dull chord.” 
 (http://www.theatermania.com/off-broadway/reviews/03-2012/rated-p-for-parenthood_51247.htmlTheatremaniacom)

“The play is amazing!”  

“Genuinely kind-hearted, thoughtful and hilarious.” 

“The reason people enjoy this is because they can relate.” 

“It's funny and uplifting.” 

“Sometimes funny, sometimes touching and constantly engaging and entertaining.” (http://www.ascendingbutterfly.com/2012/03/rated-p-for-parenthood-ratedpmusical.html)

Rated P is brilliant! Hilarious and touching.” – Playwright, Jason Odell Williams (FB)

“On behalf of new parents everywhere, GO SEE THIS SHOW!” – Actor, Jordan Gelber (FB)

“Saw @RatedPMusical yesterday in NYC. It was hysterical... and spot on. SO TRUE. (I think they've been spying on my parenting.)” @AMadisonMom

“I laughed so hard…” 

@RatedPMusical is such a refreshing laugh!” @MrJayManuel

“Think of it as your life, the musical comedy.” @DailyCandyKids

“GO. SEE. THIS. SHOW. @ratedpmusical so great so fun” @gavincreel

“The perfect night out for parents is Rated P!” MusicalAvenue.fr

Rated P for Parenthood is a must-see!” 

Want to add your review?  Post on our Facebook Page, @RatedP or on our Twitter Feed @RatedPMusical.  Or go to share your opinion on any of the sites here:. SHARE YOUR TheaterAdvisor  |   Yelp  |   The New York Times



3 comments:

  1. Chafed armpits? So NOT cool! :)

    I enjoyed the show! I sent an email to check in whether or not blogs can still host a ticket giveaway for readers, can you email me back and confirm? I'd like to include a ticket giveaway in our annual high traffic Mother's Day Buying Guide!

    Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Will be looking into this. Glad to have stumble onto your site from Circle of Moms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete